With its combination of tropical climes and French sophistication, Guadeloupe holidays are perfect for families who want luxury and adventure. Your base will be La Caravelle next to one of the island's most beautiful beaches and set in the heart of an amazing tropical garden.
Luxuriate in a Caribbean paradise with European charms and an abundance of exciting days out
- Great for adventurous family-friendly holidays and romantic escapes
- Buy crafts, spices, fresh fruit and homemade rum at the waterfront market
- Hike to the Chutes du Carbet with three waterfalls at different heights
- Visit the sheltered bays and calm waters of Grande-Terre for sailing and swimming
- Dive off Pigeon Island and discover a coral reef bursting with sea life
- Ride a speedboat and explore the mangrove of the Rivière Salée
There is so much to explore on your all-inclusive holiday in Guadeloupe. Stroll across La Désirade, a former leper colony with an enchanting deserted beach. Trek through the lush jungle, stand under amazing waterfalls and meet the abundant wildlife. Soak up the views at Pointe des Châteaux where crashing waves meet dramatic rocks.
Holidays in Guadeloupe offer the chance to climb a live volcano – La Soufrière – in the heart of the Guadeloupe National Park, before relaxing in a thermal pool. Visit banana, pineapple and sugar cane plantations on a guided 4x4 tour. Skywalk the rainforest canopy at Guadeloupe Zoo with rope bridges running through the trees. Or see fascinating Fort Napoléon, home to a military museum and an enchanting story of lost love.
- Direct flying time: 11-13 hours
- Time difference: -4 hours
- Currency: Euros
- Best time to visit: Dec-May
- Well known for: Best beaches - Tropical island - Marine life
- Languages: French & Creole
Our Resort in Guadeloupe
Get more from your All Inclusive Caribbean holidays when you visit our majestic, family-friendly Guadeloupe destinations. Our luxury all inclusive Guadeloupe holidays are completely hassle-free and are perfect for all the family, all year round. From beach holidays on the coast, to sports holidays in La Caravelle, our Guadeloupe holiday resorts have it all. Browse our all-inclusive Guadeloupe holidays & get yourself ready for the sunshine!
Sat on the Grande-Terre along Guadeloupe’s most beautiful beach, Club Med La Caravelle is perfect for all-inclusive family holidays and romantic escapes in the Caribbean. This stunning resort has the perfect balance of watersports and lazing on the beach, for a totally relaxing island getaway.
Monthly weather averages in Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe enjoys warm temperatures all year long thanks to its gorgeous tropical climate. There’s a dry “Lent” season from January to June and a wet “Winter” season from July to December. The year-round heat is tempered by the famous Trade Winds, often providing pleasant sea breezes while you soak up the sun.
The best time to visit Guadeloupe is between December and April, when the weather is hot and dry with average highs between 29°C and 30°C.