France in brief
- Surface area: 632,834 sq km
- Capital: Paris
- Official language: French
- Currency: the Euro.
Make the most of your stay at La Palmyre Atlantique to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
- 17 km from Club Med, Royan and its sea front, the central market and the Church of Notre Dame. The Cordouan Lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in France and a historic monument, can be reached by boat from Royan
- 20 km from Royan, Sablonceaux Abbey, in the middle of the Saintonge countryside
- 80 km from Club Med, La Rochelle and its famous port, capital of the former provinces of Aunis and Saintonge, and a number of islands: Ré, Aix and Oléron.
There are a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the region: -between 50 and 110 km from Club Med, the churches of St Eutrope at Saintes and St Pierre d’Aulnay de Saintonge, the royal abbey of St Jean d’Angely and the Pons Pilgrim Hospital, the cellars of Cognac
- 104 km from Club Med on the Island of Ré: the fortifications of St Martin de Ré.