Italy in brief
- Surface area: 301,300 sq km
- Capital: Rome
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: the Euro.
Make the most of your stay at Kamarina Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
Sicily is the largest of the Mediterranean islands. There are many historic towns near the Club Med Resort:
- Ragusa is 29 km from Club Med. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2002, Ragusa is an ideal destination for lovers of history and the sea. Important monuments include the cathedral of San Giovanni Battista and the Ibleo archeological museum.
Travel time: a 35-minute drive
- Santa Croce Camerina is 11 km from Club Med. You can visit the archeological museum, built on the ruins of the Greek city of Kamarina. It has a fine collection, including amphora from the days of ancient Greece.
Travel time: a 13-minute drive
- Agrigento is 120 km from Club Med; it is one of the main Mediterranean cities, with numerous remains of magnificent Doric temples.
Travel time: a 2-hour drive
- Cava d'Ispica is 25 km from Club Med. It is an archeological site in an exceptional environment. Mediterranean vegetation with numerous fascinating historic remains including prehistoric necropolises and Christian catacombes.
Travel time: a 35-minute drive.