Portugal in brief
- Surface area: 92,201 sq km
- Capital: Lisbon
- Official language: Portuguese
- Currency: the Euro.
Make the most of your stay at Da Balaia Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
In the south of Portugal, the Algarve is one of the favourite destinations of golf lovers: there are many internationally renowned courses within an hour’s drive of Da Balaia Club Med, which is located:
- 7 km from Albufeira, a small village known as the St Tropez of Portugal
- 35 km from Faro, capital of the Algarve, where the region’s traditional lifestyle is still relatively well preserved
- 42 km from Portimao, a big sardine fishing port, which also has a race track where some of the winter Formula One trials take place
- 52 km from Lagos, a cosmopolitan port with an intersting historic centre
- 257 km from Lisbon, at the mouth of the River Tage, the capital of Portugal, with its blend of modernity and tradition.