The Bahamas in brief
- Surface area: 13,935 sq km
- Capital: Nassau
- Official language: English, and Creole for the population of Haitian origin
- Currency: the Bahamian Dollar.
Make the most of your stay at Columbus Isle Club Med to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region:
- You can do a boat tour of San Salvador Island
- Visit Landfall Park, with its various monuments including a whitewashed cross that marks the spot where Columbus is believed to have landed, a sculpture commemorating the 1968 Mexican Olympics, and a monument to the Japanese foundation that recreated the Columbus voyage
- Visit Father Schreiner’s Grave (the Benedictine monk who, after escaping death in a shipwreck, decided to stay and live on the island).