Senegal in brief
- Surface area: 196,712 sq km
- Capital: Dakar
- Official language: French is the official language, plus 6 national languages including Wolof (the biggest ethnic group in Senegal) and Diola (the largest ethnic group in the Casamance region)
- Currency: Frand CFA.
Make the most of your stay at Cap Skirring Resort to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
In the extreme southwest of Senegal, in the Casamance region, Cap Skirring is located:
- close to the seaside resort of the same name
- 6 km from Kabrousse, a small coastal village with typical Diola architecture
- 10 km north of Djembering, a farming village built on the dunes, surrounded by huge kapok trees, where the Sunday mass service is of particular interest
- 30 km from Oussoye, a quiet little town where Diola tradition is still present (in the celebrations and festivities)
- 80 km from Ziguinchor, the regional capital of Casamance.