China in brief
- Surface area: 9,707,000 sq km
- Capital: Beijing
- Official language: Mandarin, Cantonese
- Currency: the Yuan.
Make the most of your stay at Club Med Beidahu to discover the natural beauty and fascinating culture of the region.
China has a huge variety of landscapes and cities, towns and villages with a wealth of monuments, ancient architecture, palaces, imperial gardens and temples, magnificent buildings and parks.
The Jilin region is mountainous, with thick forests and great snow cover in winter.
You will find closeby:
- Jilin, 40 km (25 miles) and a 1 hour 20 minute drive away, on the banks of the Songhua River, is the second largest city in Jilin province, surrounded by mountains in a beautiful setting. The river winds through the city in an "S" shape. Like the fabulous landscapes around Guilin, the spectacularly beautiful "rime ice" for which Jilin is famous is one of the four wonders of China
Welcome to the "Chinese Korea"! A 6 and a half hour drive away (345 km / 215 miles) , the Autonomous Prefecture of Yanbian has a huge population of ethnic Koreans. Located in the Changbai Mountain Range, which is actually a dormant volcano and a national nature reserve, the name literally means the "Perpetually White Mountain Region"
110 km (68 miles), or a one and a half hour drive away, is in the centre of Jilin province. One of the major centres of car manufacturing and a prosperous centre of scientific culture, it is known as "Automobile City". Located in the middle of Songliao Plain, it is nonetheless a picturesque town that has also earned the nickname "Long Spring"
- Beijing, a 1 hour 50 minute flight from Club Med.
The capital of the People’s Republic of China, Beijing (or Peking) is home to famous world heritage monuments such as the Forbidden City and the Temple of the Sky. Beijing hosted the 2008 Olympic Games.
- Shanghai, a 2 hour 30 minute flight from Club Med
The most densely-populated city in China and one of the largest cities in the world, it is rapidly rivaling New York, Paris and London in terms of cultural attraction. It was home to the 2010 Universal Exhibition
- Guangzhou, a 4 hour 15 minute flight from Club Med.
This city is the cradle of Chinese gastronomy, and the people nibble throughout the day, from breakfast through to dinner.
Guangzhou hosted the 16th Asian Games in November 2010.